Friday 13 January 2012

Day 84 - Spice Roasted Chicken with Chips



Family dinner!

I wasnt sure if the boys (2 & 5) would get into the spicy chicken but I gave it a go anyway. Its was 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and 1 tspn each smoked paprika and seasalt, 1 tblspn chopped thyme & olive oil as a rub for chicken pieces. Roasted with sebago potatoes cut into wedges. The recipe (from Donna Hay magazine feb/march11) said to cook for half an hour, but I cooked it for an hour and it could have gone longer.

We had it with a rocket salad, but I bought the rocket from the markets and it wasnt that good. Hugo didnt try the rocket, Charlie did and spat it back on his plate ... but they loved the rest.

Next family dinner I will try something similar as the wolfed down 3 drumsticks and plate full of potato each.

Orange cake for dessert. Its a great recipe as it is all done in a food processor - you blend an entire orange, skin and all! So its a very zesty cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment