Thursday 3 November 2011

Day 14 - calamari and green salad


I usually make all of our curry pastes and marinades for 2 reasons. One, they taste better, and two, you know exactly whats in it. But for some reason, a little while ago, I bought a packet of Angelakis brothers salt and pepper squid rings. I dont know why I did it. The have been in the freezer for ages, I gave some to the boys for dinner one night and while they ate it, they didnt want it again. So Morry & I had some tonight.

The meal was saved by Morry's green leaf salad with a red wine vinegarette. The calamari looked okay, but would have taken an extra minute or two, to have made our own salt and pepper rub, and it would have tasted immeasurably better. Live and learn. I actually have a Bill Granger recipe for salt & pepper squid - once we have recovered from this disaster, we will try that!

No comments:

Post a Comment