Monday 28 May 2012

Day 195 - shanks & sourdough


More pantry surpise! I made shanks in the slow cooker. It was a super simple recipe and very tasty too.

Here is my recipe

I put my still frozen shanks in the slow cooker at about 10am with a cup of chicken stock, zest of a lemon and a handful of thyme. Then I forgot about them until Morry got home at about 8pm. When Morry was on his way home, I put some potatoes on to boil and mashed them in the food processor. When Morry came home I put the beans on and started serving.

I think the slow cooker is the best kitchen gadget we have! It is great for nights when Morry is not sure what time he will be home.

Below is my latest sourdough. I am really close to making the perfect loaf. It takes 24 hours minimum to make. The bread is perfect, it is the crust that I am working on. It is very crusty on top but not so on the bottom. I need to learn perfect the steam bath... Either way it will be magnificent toasted tomorrow morning with strawberry jam!

No comments:

Post a Comment