Tuesday 24 April 2012

Day 164 - ah har, me hearties



Soup, oh yummy, hearty soup! And I made some ciabatta bread. The Ciabatta recipe comes from the common sense baking guide that I bought a while ago, it is a bit of a tricky recipe, as it takes a day to make in about 3 different steps, but it was really lovely fresh out of the oven with soup and lashings of butter (I have banned polyunsaturated fats in this house in favour of saturated fats as I think they are healthier, so its real butter for us!)

The soup was really tasty and very filling. Perfect for a cold night!

Recipe
In a good lug of olive oil, saute 1 chopped onion, 1 crushed garlic clove, 2 chopped carrots, 2 chopped sticks of celery and 4 rashers of bacon. saute until everything is a bit soft. Add  a cup of red lentils and a litre of chicken stock and cook for about 15 minutes.

Cook lots, its very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment