Sunday 22 April 2012

Day 161 - Osso yummy bucco


Entree from a packet - nice one Morry. Huon valley smoked salmon with dill, served with horseradish, capers and little lemon wedges. It was good, but NOTHING like the main!


Oh so good! Morry used the Stephanie Alexander Osso Bucco recipe from the Cooks Companion - I love that book now. I didnt originally becuase it doesnt have pictures, it took me a while to work out why it is so good. Anyway, we chose to have this dish becuase we saw the meat at the butcher and looked really amazing, so we invited my parents to dinner. Osso Bucco with boiled and buttered baby potaotes a rocket salad and LASHINGS of gremolata!



I have made this before, for Jeff and Jacki one night, but the pears didnt cook right, so I made it again with Buerre borshe pears and it was much better. The guys had really thick cream with it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment