Monday 16 April 2012

Day 149 - Dinner at Mum & Dads


My mum does great food, but to be honest I dont think they have us around often enough!
Entree was blanched asparagus with goats cheese and macadamias. Its an awesome entree out of a weight watchers cookbook I got years ago. I havent dont weight watchers but about 15 years ago, a girl I worked with had one of their recipe books. I will dig it out and do some things from it.

Here is the recipe for the asparus and macadias
preheat oven to 200. Arrange 2 bunches of asparagus in a shallow ovenproof dish, spray lightly with oil and season. Roast for about 10 minutes.

Heat 1 tablespoon of macadia nut oil in a frypan. Stirfry a handful of chopped macadias until they are nicely toasted.  Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and whisk over low heat and til warm and well combined. Arrange asparagus on serving plates, crumble over some goats cheese, and drizzle the dressing over the top.

I think mum blanched the asparugus instead of roasting.


Yummy roast lamb and salad for main.

There was a dessert, but I cant remember what it was - I wasnt driving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment