Thursday 9 February 2012

Day 109 - Chicken bake



Jamie Oliver 30 minute meals again! Family dinner again!

Morrys and my chicken was seasoned with dried oregano and sweet paprika then covered in bacon. the recipe said to grill it, but i didnt think for second that our griller was up to the challenge,so I baked it. It was served with smashed potatoes which were easy and everyone liked - boiled first and then fried under a squashy weight. Lastly the spinach, which neither boy tried, but had they, they would have inhaled it I am sure. Saute spring onions, nutmeg, zest for a few minutes then wilt the spinach, add some cream and parmesan. Voila! dinner for everyone!

I really like the Jamie Oliver recipes for family dinner as they are presented as a complete meal, salad, veggies, dessert - the lot. Too easy.

As the boys are just old enough to have dinner with us, I may in fact have to repeat a few dishes so that they have the opportunity to taste and enjoy a few things... I am sure that if I serve it a few times, that spinach dish is going to be a hit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment