Wednesday 8 February 2012

Day 108 - Baked Salmon


I borrowed my mums Jamie Oliver 30 minute meals cookbook today. Hugo had chosen salmon as the fish for our family dinner tonight. Its a bit tricky to serve family dinner sometimes as Hugo in particular can be fussy about colours mixed together etc. So with that in mind, I flicked through the Jamie Oliver book and found his 'Fish Tray Bake' which I had to alter slightly. partly to cater to kids palate and partly because I didnt actually have all of the ingredients!

The recipe calls for Salmon, prawns, anchovies and asparagus to be baked, but I didnt think the kids would go for the anchovies and I didnt have the prawns. It looks a bit boring in the picture but on a plate with a bit of everything it worked.

I baked the tomatoes seperately as Hugo doesnt like them. But the salsa verde (I called it caper sauce...) was a big hit with Charlie, the baby spinach salad was good and the potatoes were gobbled up in no time.

I think I will buy the book tomorrow. I have heard a lot of criticism of the book, specifically that there is no way that you can make the meals in 30 minutes. It might have taken more like 40 minutes, but I dont care about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment