Sunday 23 October 2011

Day 3 Tomato, Butter Bean and Chorizo salad


Oh Indira Naidoo, I think I love you!

This recipe came from the November InStyle magazine which I received in the post a couple of days ago. Indira Naidoo has a number of recipes in this edition and they look fabulous. We didnt have any Butter Beans, so used Canellini Beans. This is the first of her recipes weve tried and it was magnificent. Second helpings for both of us!

We had a picnic  lunch in the Botanic Park today with a ploughmans lunch and some fresh homemade bread that I baked this morning. Lunch used up fridge leftovers, sliced roast beef, hot smoked salmon, olives, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, some pears, strawberries and a few butter biscuits I made at the same time as the bread.

2 comments:

  1. Made this salad for lunch with friends today. Added baby rocket & spinach leaves to 'bulk' it up.......Magnificently easy & delicious, everyone had to have second & third helpings!!!
    Thanks a million Mel! Clearly a CROWD PLEASER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jax. Rocket would be great with it - I wonder if I can have it again, add the rocket and call it 'Jax Chorizo Salad'? Hmmm, tempting

    ReplyDelete