Saturday 10 December 2011

Day 51 - Jac & Dion to dinner!

Dion is a beer connoisseur. This is an early sample.



Almond Roasted Chicken from Donna Hay Simple Dinners p85. There were a few ingredients so I wont list them. They recommend the dish be served with a mint and feta salad, but that seemed a bit light on the veg for me, so we had this fabulous salad, pea, feta and mint. I could have just had the salad! No recipe for this salad, I explained to Morry what I thought would be nice and he went ahead and made it... god hes good!


This is an adapted Chocolate Meringue Mess from the same book, p182 The actual recipe has no raspberries and uses cream instead of yoghurt. I dont like cream at all, so I replaced a few things. It is the easiest dessert.

Meringues broken up, Raspberries in a bowl, The Yoghurt Shops Vanilla Bean Yogurt and chocolate sauce (100g dark chocolate, 1/4 cup of cream and bit splosh of Frangelico, melted over low heat). Pop it in the middle of the table and let people help themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment